ACBM state convention!
Reaching Our Horizons
Come one come all to the ACBM state convention! We’ll kick off the convention with our virtual auction on Sunday evening January 22nd. We will also hold a virtual exhibitor open house on Thursday, January 26th at 7:00 PM, where you can hear from our exhibitors, whether joining us in-person, or as virtual exhibitors.
Join us in-person January 27th 29th at Country Inn and Suites in Woodbury MN, or join us via zoom. In-person registration including all meals is $65.00. Room rates at Country Inn and Suites are $91.00 per night plus tax. To make reservations at the hotel call (651) 739-7300; use group code American Council of the Blind of Minnesota. If you plan to join us via zoom, registration is $20.00; you will receive all convention zoom links.
We are currently working on our Friday January 27 afternoon programming. We do know that after a taco dinner, Minnesota’s own Earle Harrison will perform for us with guitar and vocals.
On Saturday we have the following programming:
- A panel on advocacy, led by Denise Just, CEO, Wisconsin Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired, Madison WI.
- A segment on fall prevention and safety from motivational speaker and author Larry Johnson, Houston Texas.
- ACB’s first Vice President Deb Cook Lewis, Clarkston, WA.
- Updates from Minnesota State Academy for the Blind.
- Minnesota Blind and Talking Book Library.
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development State Services for the Blind.
After our presentations, our exhibitors will say a few words. Then in-person attendees can visit with our in-person exhibitors, and all convention registrants can visit with our virtual vendors via zoom.
Saturday evening join us for our banquet featuring Minnesota storyteller Chad Filley.
On Sunday our convention will culminate with our membership meeting.